Even though it’s not as chilly as “fall” is expected to feel, you can’t ignore the temptations of fall food favorites. For entertaining friends and family or getting your drunk night started, start here with my take on “Drunk and Spicy Turkey Chili”. Three words: Guinness, Brown Sugar and Red Rooster.. *emoji eyes*.
- Frying pan
- Tall Pot
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Flat Cookie Sheet
Serving Size: 6-8
1 lbs. of Ground Turkey
1 package of Turkey Polska Keilbasa Sausage
1 Bottle of Guinness Stout Beer
1 cup of Yellow Onions
Handful of chopped (or baby) carrots
3 Celery Sticks
8 Cherry Tomatoes
4 yellow/ orange mini Sweet Peppers
2 can of Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of Red Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 large can of Diced Tomatoes in sauce
1 tablespoon of Chili Powder
1 tablespoon of Chipotle Chili Powder
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1 tablespoon of brown sugar (sugar and spice makes everything nice!)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- 1 Red Lobster Biscuit Box
- 1 short can of creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of water
Prep: First chop all vegetables on a cutting board before your sausage.
- In a large frying pan, place your Polska Keilbasa sausage set to sear with a few pinches of red chili flakes until they start to sizzle and brown place them in the large pot while leaving it off (no heat).
- In the same frying pan without removing any excess oil place your onions and peppers to stir fry. Brown and place in the large pot with the sausage, still leaving the burner off (no heat).
- In the same frying pan place your raw ground turkey to cook with chili flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic. Brown and place in large pot also adding in your carrots and cherry tomatoes (yup, still off).
- Open your cans of red beans, black beans, and two kidney beans; strain all. After rinsed dump beans along with your large can of tomatoes into large pot and drumroll……. You can turn on the burner to medium-high heat.
- Gently stir/ mix all ingredients and add 1 bottle of Guinness Stout beer.
- Finishing flavor touches include adding your brown sugar, dashes of Red Rooster hot sauce, chipotle chili powder, chili powder, chili flakes, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and let your chili simmer for 10-15 minutes, while this is happening you can start on your biscuits.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl place mix, 1/2 cup of water, half a small can of creamed corn and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- Place mix on a buttered cookie sheet two inches apart with a spoon.
- Place in over for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven once lightly brown and fluffy, set in a cool area.
- In the microwave melt butter and garlic salt to brush on top of each biscuit fairly after you take them out.
- Top the chili with cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, whatever you like and don’t forget your garlic cheddar corn biscuits! Enjoy!