For a savory homestyle dinner with a twist, check out the recipe below!
- 1-4 N.Y. Chunk raw Beef Steaks
- Bundle of raw Asparagus
- 1 pack of Smoked Bacon
- 2-4 raw Sweet Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- A1 and/or worcestershire sauce
- Sea Salt
- Powdered Cinnamon
1. Prep vegetables by cutting the ends off of the asparagus and chopping the sweet potatoes into medium chunks.
2. In a large deep saucepan, melt two table-spoons of butter, brown the sweet potatoes. Add 1.5 cups of water and let boil.
3. While the potatoes are boiling over medium heat, prep your bacon wrapped asparagus by wrapping tightly around the asparagus. [Depending on the thickness of each asparagus you can wrap 1-4 pieces if they're too small the "bacon wrapped" won't really work OR you'll run out of bacon!]
4. While Asparagus is frying (no oil added), place steaks in a pan for a pan seared entree. Here is where all the flavor comes in. Add fresh crushed black pepper, sea salt, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce and A1 for a zesty finish.
5. Right when the potatoes are almost finished, pour maple syrup and sauté them for no more than a min flipping instead of stirring to prevent breaking their shape and turning them into mashed potatoes.
6. Plate your meat, asparagus and sweet-er potatoes by finishing them with a shake of powdered cinnamon, then, enjoy! For a great wine pairing try something red and full bodied like a Merlot or Cabernet, I prefer a blend like Menage a Trois “Red” wine.